Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Whatever end they had in mind




For a while, we simply called it Spikey Building.  It stood in Silicon Oasis, an office and residential section in Dubai, and it was prominent along Emirates Road.  I'd pass it often, en route home to International City, from Mall of the Emirates or Jebel Ali.  Whenever something weird occurred in our lives, we'd say the aliens were the culprit.  They caused muted havoc, if not outright surrealism, from their HQ in Silicon Oasis.  I finally had an occasion to visit there, when a friend and I weighed a business idea.  He worked for a technology firm at HQ.  Unfortunately, like so many of my conversations with people in Dubai, it eventually went nowhere.  But I'm sure the aliens made fine progress toward whatever end they had in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment