Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Happy in the French City of Angers


Pharrell Williams' Happy video clearly went viral, but just from casually scanning YouTube, I think the infectiously happy music has spawned a viral number of covers, too. It's online inspiration at its best. Here is just a sampling of those covers that I like, and what I like has to do with good dancing, quality filming, and deft editing.


Angers is a city in the historic Anjou Province, in Western France. Here, for me, it's less the panorama of the locale, and more the indoors that make up these happy folks' lives: from a radio station, music and dance halls, and museums; to gymnasiums and ice rinks; to escalators and trains. I don't know if the Tour de France has ever passed through Angers, but again I love the portrait that this `Happy video paints.

No comments:

Post a Comment