Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Happy in the Slovak City of Trenčín


Pharrell Williams' Happy video clearly went viral, but just from casually scanning YouTube, I think the infectiously happy music has spawned a viral number of covers, too. It's online inspiration at its best. Here is just a sampling of those covers that I like, and what I like has to do with good dancing, quality filming, and deft editing.


From the Eastern High Tartras, to Western Slovakia, we arrive near the Czech border: Trenčín. I love these videos, because we get a portrait of a city and its people: From cobblestone sidewalks and avenues, to grassy foothills and wooded clusters, Trenčín impresses me, as a non-European, as quintessentially European. Quite a lot of history, quite a lot of spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment