Friday, April 18, 2014

Airport Walks as a Form of Meditation








It was a sleepy overnight flight from Kuwait, and a bright morning greeted us in Frankfurt.  I took care of Thursday's exercise walk, as I wrote about in the preceding article, and today March 21st 2014 I took care of Friday's exercise walk.  I didn't have as much time, and I managed to get that hour in, and once again take a handful of snaps, before having to board my flight to Chicago.

I love airports, and walking about is truly a form of meditation.  

Frankfurt Airport is large, so there was no feeling cramped with the distance I wanted to walk.  I love the curious sights, commercial and natural, like how the sun poured from the left and on the Lufthansa logo, making it more golden and bathing the space in a modest warm glow.  I love the myriad of shapes that are the airplane and its boarding corridors, as there is geometry after all in our world.  I love the model airplanes, taking flight in suspension, at the center of a conical glass overlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment