Monday, April 28, 2014

A Synchronicity on my Malaise




On a cool and bright Spring morning, Wednesday, April 9th 2014, I walked to, and from, Union Station and the Ritz-Carlton for a business breakfast.  About three weeks since my trip to the Middle East, and I was feeling out of sorts, exhausted, a protracted malaise.  That was the word that often drifted in my mind, and there it was in graffiti.  The trip was very productive, very hectic, and I did quite a lot in the weeks leading up to it.  It takes me only a couple of days to recover from an overseas trip, but this one slowed me down for a few weeks.

McCormick Bridgehouse and Chicago River Museum

That dilapidated entrance was at the end of the Michigan Avenue bridge over the Chicago River, looking west to the waters below.

No comments:

Post a Comment