Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I am three-for-three on gripping films





I love movies. I relish getting absorbed in them. It's one of the way I get leisure and entertainment, and I look forward to it on long haul flights.

It's a 7 PM flight out of Chicago and a 9 AM arrival (local) time in Frankfurt.  So it's a perfectly timed opportunity to unwind, rest and sleepy-sleepy.  

Except that I see a handful of films on the United airline menu, which were on the Best Picture nominations list.  I watch the first, and it's gripping.  I sidle to the second, and that, too, is intense.  I'm batting two-for-two with my picks, and that's a very unusual hit rate for me.  But as is the case when I'm absorbed, I lose track of time and my need to sleep.  So off I am in search of a third, and my hit rate remains perfect.

I blogged about each of these films:

No comments:

Post a Comment