Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Borneo Challenge: The Boys of Don Bosco







We finished painting the interior rooms and hallways of the Don Bosco Children's Home, and were just hanging around when the children came back from school.  I walked over to a scattering of boys, just outside their home, and simply and earnestly worked at making them comfortable.  Mostly non-verbally I asked if I could photograph them.  I was thankful they agreed.

Such sweet expressions on their faces.  I mostly knelt or squatted down, so I could photograph their faces at eye level.

This last boy, though, didn't look happy in the least.  I saw him at the corner of my eye - I could feel his scowl, somehow, on my cheeks - and decided to leave him alone for the time being.  I spent a few minutes with the other boys first, then approached him.  I never knew what he was apparently upset about, but he, too, agreed for me to photograph him.

No comments:

Post a Comment