Friday, November 15, 2013

Borneo Challenge: Bamboo Rafting on the River










The river was not that deep, and the rapids were not that rapid.  Still bamboo rafting was not as easy as it looked.  It took quite a bit of doing to learn how to maneuver these makeshift rafts, and the rapids were rapid enough to take us off course with a wrong maneuver.

I fell off once or twice, and ended up bring dragged downstream by the currents.  I was in a awkward sitting position, facing backwards, and because the waters were shallow, my behind and lower back slammed on some rocks.  Nothing serious, thankfully, but enough to jar me and hinder me from getting back on the raft.

Navigating the rocky stretch above was more treacherous, yet.  We ran aground, as you see, and needed help from the guide wearing a red shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment