Thursday, October 3, 2013

Singapore is a Fine City





As I flew into Singapore for my first visit, I remembered what a friend told me:  Singapore is a fine city.  The city was so strict that even spitting gum out resulted in a fine.  Apparently even the most minor of laws were strictly enforced. 

So as I walked around, I was carefully not to do anything wrong.  I don't chew gum anyway, and I don't have a habit of throwing wrappers on the ground.  But in Chicago, sometimes in Dubai, I'd cross the street wherever.  

I made sure not to jaywalk, then, in Singapore.  

Thankfully, I managed to enjoy the handful of hours I had, and to harken back to my days as an aspiring photographer on the streets.  Even with just my Samsung mobile camera (pre-smartphone) on hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment