Monday, October 21, 2013

Borneo Challege: Sabah Tea Plantation




Our guide, mountain biking in Sabah Tea Plantation

The Sabah Tea Plantation was definitely gorgeous landscape.  If memory serves me right, that is the majestic Mount Kinabalu in the background.  Climbing to that top of that mountain was on our Challenge itinerary.

Longhouse at Sabah Tea Plantation

We stayed two nights in the "longhouse," which, for Americans, can be likened to a motel elevated on wooden stilts and made out of bamboo.  On one of those nights, I accidentally locked myself out of my room.  I decided to bring in my wet shoes, instead of letting them dry in the corridor.  I thought the door would stay open, but it swung shut.  Our Challenge director and longhouse staff had to climb over the bamboo wall, and open the door from the inside.  

(image credit)

No comments:

Post a Comment