Monday, September 30, 2013

My Gravitation to Art in Singapore





I must've had some glimmers of talent in art as a boy.  In grade school on the near west side of Chicago, I remember my art teacher twice posting my classroom work on the wall.  In fact I remember him looking at my work, pausing a moment, then smiling.  

In junior high school, after our family moved to Arlington Heights, a northwestern suburb of Chicago, my language arts teacher had me head up a little project team to come up with creative displays for our bulletin board.  One display that I remember her liking particularly well was one I taglined "Science fiction books are out of this world."  

So it was in Singapore, as with many cities I visited, that I gravitated toward art displays and art museums.  

No comments:

Post a Comment