Friday, September 6, 2013

Whose Moth, Whose Mothers?


A year ago this month, I was driving from one meeting in Chicago and heading to my next one in Evanston.  I was eastbound on Chicago Ave., and saw a snarl at the intersection with Michigan Ave.  So instead of making a left turn there, I kept heading east.  My plan was to circumvent the traffic snarl.

I knew the Museum of Contemporary Art was nearby, and that was exactly where I needed to turn left.  Immediately I saw this enormous installation in front - MOTHERS, by Martin Creed.  I parked the car right there and then, and slipped out to take a couple of photos.

My car stalled out, unfortunately, so I was going nowhere anytime soon.  After a few failed attempts to jump-start it, I called a towing company.  It was about two hours before I was on the way.  But in the meantime, I came up with a film concept on that installation.





No comments:

Post a Comment