Friday, February 14, 2014

Musings on Chicago Signs and Messages



Somehow I first read "fith ouse" (hmm).  That aside, isn't it a comic irony to juxtapose a fitness center with a doughnut shop?  


Yet one more billboard I'd never see in the Middle East.  There are dating sites for Muslim singles that I've run across online, even while I was in living in Dubai, but no way they'd ever advertise so openly like this.


This display was in a shop near our house in the far northern suburbs, and if I recall correctly it was a card and gift shop.  Anyway I like "WTF Guaranteed."



I found this curious, and curiouser, yet:  signed "Oswald Jenkins."  I believe in the message, though.


A permanent station facility will be planned in the future.  That is, not necessarily constructed in the future.  I've been back home two years now, and this temporary facility is looking pretty permanent to me.


Poo that's fit for the digital age, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment