Friday, August 8, 2014

Selfie "Stitching" Experiences in London Elevator





I don't care to have my photo taken, but I don't mind it either, if the occasion calls for it and a friend or colleague asks.  But I've come to realize that over the years there are scant such records of me.  Since returning home to Chicago, from Dubai, at the end of 2011, I have been part of family gatherings again and they're always an occasion for taking photos.  Selfies are an outcrop of that shift.  As an aspiring photographer in my 20s, I worked at composing my shots as creatively as I could and thought about the visual messages I conveyed.  Nothing profound or aesthetic necessarily with my selfies above, in the elevator of a client office building, but they're the stitching of the meetings and conversations I had there.

No comments:

Post a Comment