Friday, January 10, 2014

London-Milan-Amsterdam: Dinner at Boeucc



I was thankful for the nap, rest and preparation time in my room, a spacious suite with a large bathroom.  Then, it was off to the gym.  It was unstaffed, and no other guest was there.  I thought that the Grand Hotel et de Milan didn't necessarily attract people who were fitness buffs like me.

My iPhone rang in the middle of my workout, and I was surprised to get a call.  But it was one of my client contacts, and he graciously let me know our timings for the evening.  I was afraid they were arriving already, and I prepared to ask for a half hour to change and get ready.  Thankfully my first meeting - with the client President - was two hours hence, right there at the hotel.

Boeucc Restaurant

After that meeting, the President, his Vice President and two managers, and I walked 10 minutes to the posh Boeucc for dinner.  I often don't need to orient myself to locations, when my client takes care of my itinerary, so I had no idea exactly where we were in Milan and where we were going.

But of course I am curious now.  

From the Grand Hotel et de Milan

To the Boeucc Restaurant

The walk was on cobblestone, with reasonably wide sidewalks.  Southwest on Via Manzoni, then left onto a small artery.  The evening air was cool, enough for me to turn up my coat collars to keep warm.
    
I needed to have a private audience with the President first, then it was a very pleasant conversation over dinner with the four gentleman, a mix of business and social topics.  Once back at the hotel, the Vice President and I also needed to have our own conversation.  All went superbly, and it was after 12 M when we finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment