Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Walking into a Protest


How do we stop those cuts? How do we fix the deficit?
Tax, tax, tax the rich! 
Pay your fair share.
Stop corporate greed. Jobs with Justice.
Tax the 1%.
I believe I was on Madison St., heading eastward, when I literally ran into this protest.  It was a peaceful one, clearly, but there was a row of police officers who walked and biked alongside them on the street, near the curb.

I pulled out my iPhone, and turned on the videocamera.  I kept it at chest level, that is, without looking through the viewfinder.  I didn't want to show anyone that I was videotaping, and possibly have my iPhone confiscated or otherwise get into some trouble.

It was months later that I found the perfect soundtrack on YouTube to accompany it:  "Clockwork Tangerine," by Paul Mottram.

No comments:

Post a Comment